Summerhall will reopen its Royal Dick Courtyard Bar Monday, 26 April. Online table bookings will open Friday 26 March at 9.00am.
The Royal Dick is situated in the courtyard of Summerhall, with plenty of outdoor space providing lots of socially distanced seating. Pickering’s Gin and Barney’s Beer will be available on tap, alongside a pub food menu.
Tables for two and picnic benches for up to six people from three households will be available in two-hour slots. Summerhall is ensuring that the courtyard is as safe as possible for customers and staff by following all Scottish government guidelines. Also, Summerhall resident cleaning company Daybreak continues to regularly deep clean the entire site, using hospital-grade testing to declare Summerhall as Covid-19 Hygiene Certified.
Rowan Campbell, Summerhall General Manager, commented:
“We have been looking forward to announcing the reopening of the Royal Dick Courtyard Bar for many months, and we’re thrilled to finally be able to do so. We can’t wait to welcome our local punters back to Summerhall and hope that this is just the beginning of a continued opening of Summerhall towards summer.”
Royal Dick Courtyard Bar opening hours:
Opening week (Mon 26 April - Sun 2 May): 12pm-10pm daily.
Ongoing: Mon - Weds: 4pm-10pm, Thurs - Sun: 12pm-10pm
Advance table bookings required via summerhall.co.uk/the-royal-dick
Health and safety measures.
· Distancing of at least 2 metres between all outdoor seating areas and queuing positions
· QR codes on every table with required check-in for all visitors
· Constant cleaning cycles by dedicated staff members during courtyard opening hours, including toilet facilities
· Face masks, gloves, and other PPE worn by staff at all times
· Hand sanitiser stations provided
· Card payments only
· One-way routes across the site, including to bar service area, toilets, entrance and exits
· A Covid-19-specific risk assessment, available to view here: summerhall.co.uk/the-royal-dick/